Physiotherapy for Back Pain
Brighton Physiotherapy treatment for back pain.
Approximately 1 in 6 people in the UK have back pain at any one time and it is thought up to 85% of the population will suffer back pain in their lifetime.
Lower back pain is on the increase, exacerbated by hours of sitting at desks but other conditions such as a slipped disk, sciatica, ankylosing spondylitis and spondylolisthesis are common (although treated differently to non-specific back pain.)
What Kind of Help Will You be Offered
From the initial assessment (which should take approximately one hour), your physiotherapist will discuss different options with you and which course of treatment is likely to give you the best results. The treatment is bespoke to you, but may cover several areas eg:
- Education and advice
- Posture and ergonomic advice
- Soft tissue methods of muscle release and stretching
- IMS – read more about this here
What Happens Following Your Assessment:
- You will receive a full report of your assessment with recommendations
- The Physiotherapist will talk you through a rehabilitation programme which will be completely bespoke to you
- You will be shown how to safely perform any physiotherapy activities designed to help you with your condition
- The Physiotherapist will advise you on activities such as lifting safely